Saturday, December 1, 2012

3.2; S/he wouldn't want this


Curtis is a freaking idiot.
I’m going to tell my side of the story while he’s still unconscious, before he gets a chance to grab computer time. He’s fine, now, he’s off the IV at last – losing that much blood apparently fucked him up good, considering they needed to like, replace all the blood in Sheryl, and I thought it was taking a fucking long time but apparently that’s normal and
Fuck it I’m just…rambling, now. I don’t even know what to think. It was like watching the Incredible Hulk happen live in front of you.
Curtis didn’t tell me he’d been seeing Blair at night – okay, I probably would have questioned it too, because I swear I see hir sometimes too, and I’m not even high off morphine or whatever they’re pumping into him.
But I’m not stupid enough not to look into it. First thought was Archangel.
And no fuck, the Vision has been assaulting us with these nightly dreams with Blair in them for a reason.
I’ve been cooling off for a couple days, then I head into Curtis’s room, and
There’s Blair. Straddling Curtis’s lap, and s/he looks towards me with this expression that’s half ‘Come and get me’ and half ‘You’ll never get me’. It was less than a blink away from literally wrapping Curtis in an embrace, and Curtis was just staring up at Blair, resigned, willing. I freaked.
It’s not like
I mean, they were both fully clothed, so I don’t think anything happened
Can Fears even have sex? Like, actually? I don’t think it works like that
I just
I had my knife out, and I just charged It. Knocked It away from Curtis, and I kind of like…climbed over him, like I was going to defend him that way.
Then it turned out, I didn’t have to.
Curtis ripped out the IV, and his face just…changed. His expression was entirely different, and I’d seen him like that before, so I wasn’t stupid enough to stay where I was.
What he did to Blair the Archangel was more than I thought anyone could do to a Fear. He almost ripped it apart. It didn’t do anything, not ultimately, not really. But he fought it back, completely deadpan and vicious, and I just
I just sat there, like a stupid, helpless little girl.
The Archangel fled. Curtis sort of came back to himself, and didn’t remember a thing. The whole room was entirely trashed, and we’re going to have to pay for that.
He just lay in my lap, we were both on the floor. It’d taken a lot out of him, I guess, and he kept muttering stuff like, “I won’t forget, I can’t,” and, “Blair wouldn’t want this,” and, “I’m sorry.”
We were like that for hours. I couldn’t even move until the sun came up and someone came in to check on us.
He’ll probably be conscious soon…
We can’t stay here much longer. The first out we can take, we will. Just have to wait for Ruby and her Marked to break the perimeter… She lets people in, but she’s a lot more vigilant about letting us back out.

Dispute Against Madness

2 comments:

  1. The hostel's days are numbered, it seems...

    And to think, I was going to try and stop there once I came back to America. Not going to happen now, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a damn shame that it might fall. I was thinking of paying it a visit once I was done here.

    ReplyDelete