Thursday, January 3, 2013

Helping Through Torture.


Several days of careful travel have led us here, into Texas.
No one looks at us twice, here, which is rather a relief.
We’ve been careful about our choice of place to stay; thanks to a bit of panhandling along the way, Alyssa and I were able to afford a room for a single night, and I couldn’t be more grateful for coincidence.
It’s a place where the owners don’t mind Windmill, though they commented on him looking ‘a little off’ and recommended a good animal doctor they knew.
They were also worried about the scarring along his side, but I assured them he was a tough horse and had long since recovered from that particular battle wound.
It’s also close enough to the library we’re considering.
We’ve staked out a couple, on our journey, and dismissed the ideas when one of us would be plagued with nightmares – taunts, I think, from the Vision.
I have seen Alyssa and Windmill be murdered, right in front of me, several times.
I’ve lost count, of the dreams. I’m able to tell which are simply nightmares, and which are visits from The Vision; in my subconscious mind, I have both eyes, whereas She has me go through my night terrors half-blinded, as I am now.
Essentially, sleeping here tonight is our test run.
We have yet to experience anything from The Vision telling us this library is too dangerous.
Strange – in a way, it’s as though she’s trying to help, and warning us through torture.
If there are no dreams tonight, tomorrow morning, Alyssa and I will go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment