Saturday, October 20, 2012

4.1; Reached the hostel


At least I was right. I was absolutely sure that there was a safe haven for people like us in Colorado, and I was right. At least there’s that. So there’s a medic, and there’s a chance, a good chance I think.
They were cautious about us, at first, when we first got in looking like freaks. Sheryl’s never looked better, but Curtis and me look like victims and Blair looks like death. They didn’t need to ask questions, they knew from the get-go what was up. Maybe not the specifics but they didn’t ask questions about it, they let us inside and Sheryl tethered Windmill and I was so caught up believed that I was right, there is a haven, that I almost didn’t hear their medic say that she couldn’t do it. She didn’t think Blair could be saved, she said things like, “Irreparable damage” and “miraculous anyone could have survived this long”.
I persuaded her to try. Or insisted. I was this close to giving her the wrong incentive and threatening her, but I kept my cool as much as I could.
I’m trying to be hopeful. But I can’t be hopeful. If we lose
If we lose Blair
Blair was just so much better than us I can’t deal with it, thinking that I might never see hir again and I just can’t
I wish they’d asked questions, people deserve to know the kind of hell Blair went through. If Blair dies I don’t want anyone to think of hir as weak. S/he was is the strongest person I’ve ever known.
I’m scared and… I actually wish Blair would have just given in. Become a Scion for the Vision or whatever it took to be just a little stronger, but Blair never would.
Unless
Maybe that was how s/he regained consciousness…
No.
Blair would never give in.
S/he isn’t the type.

No comments:

Post a Comment