Saturday, October 20, 2012

I Wish I'd Died.


“Do you wish I’d died, instead?”
“No.”
“…I wish I’d died, instead.”
“What about you? Do you wish I’d died?”
“…No.”

Those have been the only words we’ve said to each other.
I don’t feel.
I don’t feel anything.
On some level, I know the doctor did her best.
On every other level, I don’t care.
I want to forget.
I so badly wish I could just forget, everything.
The way Blair was calling out names, ‘Ambrose’ and ‘Clara’, as though mistaking everyone in his sleep for the people he missed most.
Except for Alyssa, and me.
Xe called for us, too.
In the surgery.
I’ve never lost anyone before.
Have I?
How is anyone supposed to bear it?
Am I supposed to move on? How could I possibly?
I think I loved xim.
I know Alyssa did.
Or, was starting to.
It seems a foolish thought, but I don’t know how to tell Windmill. He’s a clever horse.
Would he understand?
Blair is gone.
Blair is gone.
Blair is dead.
What am I supposed to do

4 comments:

  1. You're supposed to let me play with you, too~!

    You wish you'd died?! I can make that happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I still have that wood chipper with your name on it Daisy. Literally. I took a sharpy and wrote "Daisy Chain" on it. It's all clean and ready for you if we ever meet. I still may need to use it before then but I'll make sure to clean it real good after. Don't want to send you through a wood chipper that isn't properly sterile.

      Delete
    2. You want to have it sterile despite the fact Blair had plants growing in their body?

      An eye for an eye. A taste of their own medicene.

      Delete
    3. Duskeye dear, you worry me. Let the more bloodied fighters take care of the blood dealing. After all, Proxie would have a better chance then most of us...

      I just wish Daisy would get killed by her own Mistress.

      Delete