Wednesday, October 17, 2012

An Outlandish Theory.


Alyssa is a smart young woman; she has proven it several times over, and while there is perfect validity to the choice words she had for me – condensed, the gist was, “You’ve seen abominations attack, had your memory wiped by an Eldritch horror, and you believe in that – how can you be so skeptical about magic?” – I still have very strong doubts.
It began when she was hunting down the television show, ‘Play Time…With Mikey!’. She has found two episodes now, in total, and in the one she just finished studying, she claims that the children on the show (or one of them, anyway) was drawing pictures similar to what is seen on tarot cards.
I was previously unaware that Alyssa has a strong belief in occult drawings on card stock, but as it turns out, she very much does.
She is theorizing that, by using the Doll and tarot, we may be able to track the location of the Tower.
My attempts at arguing have proved fruitless, so instead, I shall just do my best to work with what I’ve been given.
As we lack physical cards, Alyssa has located an online source; I had suggested we place the cards around the Doll, but apparently that is both improper positioning as well as being impossible for the moment. Instead, I have laid the Doll across the keyboard, which is resting upon a map; we are running the episode in question in the background.
It all strikes me as being very impractical and a long-shot by far, but my hope is this:
Alyssa will do the Reading, and the Doll will guide the cards.
From there, Alyssa can (hopefully) interpret.
We have realized that there is some link between the Red Cap (Alyssa’s nosebleeds) and the Wooden Doll (the Doll stalking Sheryl). We are also theorizing that the way she bled the other day was due to the Doll – she claims that being in the presence of other people stir the Mark, but not to the degree where she nearly bleeds to death. I have guessed the Doll is somehow involved, being a third previously uninvolved element.
If any blood lands on the map, we will see if it forms any sort of trail, or an ‘x to mark the spot’, if you will.
It’s a weak idea, I believe, but it’s the best one we have.

1 comment:

  1. If you really want to go to the damned tower so badly, just ask nicely and I'll send a Doll from Australia over. Just set up an ambush or something.

    Because I kinda don't want to be punished so the Doll will be coming with an order to kill. But I never sent them. Nope, never.

    ReplyDelete