Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Strong Person.


I experienced the strangest conversation with Blair, and I’m unsure of what to make of it.
While discussing xir latest dream (which I will allow xir to regale you with, if xe sees fit to do so), we had the following conversation (written as closely to the facts as possible, though I’m afraid it may not be word-perfect).
“Alyssa has expressed her theory that The Vision is tormenting you with these dreams to force your hand,” I said. “If you become her Scion, she’ll leave you be, is that correct?”
Blair hesitated, but xe began to nod, “That’s the impression I’m gettin’. No other reason we can think of for her trying to look me in the eye like that.”
“My knowledge about Scions is limited – Alyssa knows more, no doubt…”
“Maybe. She said there ain’t too much out there.”
“Still, what I do know is that they serve The Vision through premonitions. I’m sure there is, of course, a grander agenda… What I mean to ask, though, is this: would it be so terrible to give in?”
Not for a moment did I want to condone such a thing. Merely, I was curious about the answer.
Blair had been through so many sleepless nights that a weaker man would have given in, I’m certain. Why not xim?
Xe didn’t take very long to consider.
“I don’t think I’m like you. I ain’t a strong enough person to run away once they’ve got me, I reckon.”
Xe said it so simply that…I couldn’t doubt, xe honestly believed that. That I am a strong person.
‘Strong person’, not proxy.
I could have kissed xim for that.
I nearly did.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. David Grant: I feel your pain man, there's this girl I'm teammates with and I have a huge crush on here. I hope your realtionship goes somewhere seeing as how I'm never getting anywhere outside of "brother"... I'm not here brother by the way.

      Delete