Thursday, September 13, 2012

An Emotional Barrier.



Blair is increasingly restless, and I don’t have a clue how to help xim. I’m aware of the nightmares, and between the two of us, we’re starting to look further into any PREs that appear, communicate, or corrupt through dreams.
The obvious candidate is ‘the Grotesque’, which Blair has told me xe has dealt with previously.
Typical reports involving the Grotesque don’t quite match Blair’s descriptions of the nightmares, however, so I feel it necessary to continue looking. Blair may only be an acquaintance, but xe has proven trustworthy and I worry.
Xe shows signs of being distant, perhaps even emotionally scarred. The more I look into these PREs, the more horrific stories I find.
No matter what we find, Blair doesn’t seem to feel much of anything for these people. Xir expression doesn’t even change.
Maybe it’s ‘the reader’ in me talking, but I can’t imagine reading something and feeling nothing, especially when I know that the person in the midst of the central conflict is real.
Perhaps Blair’s mind is just on xir own problems. Given their magnitude, I could not blame xim.

No comments:

Post a Comment