Friday, September 28, 2012

Six point five


I hate them. Beyond hate. They’re disgusting and if anyone so much as touches me, I am going to rip their spine out through their throat. Ugh. I hate that feeling so beyond hate that UGH. No. I’m focusing.
We started with the most obvious Fear to track. It’s so easy to find them that you’d think they want to be found – actually. Euh, they probably do. So, we armed up and I tried to run Curtis through…the basics. No letting anyone touch, no looking anyone in the eye. They’re all twisted, no matter how they might come off. He was all, “Twisted in what sense?” and by god I am NOT giving an Archivist the sex talk.
I was beyond tempted to use the grenade launcher, when we got close. Getting the police involved, though, was something I’d successfully avoided my entire life. I wasn’t about to start now. Besides, if there were any strays…they may not be stronger than any other normal human, but they could still get the jump on us due to sheer numbers. That meant barging in was also out of the question.
We didn’t get much of an opportunity to plan, though. We were getting close, and then suddenly the door flew open, and this woman – bloodsoaked – was running out. With them following, being led by
Ugh, the creepiest part is, I swear I recognized that one in particular. The sadistic fuck, I’m sure I’ve seen that one before. Then again, maybe all Vessels just look the same to me, now. Whatever, I’m getting back to the point – Curtis and I couldn’t do much more than keep out of the way. I couldn’t focus and even in Archive-mode, he couldn’t hold up against a group that big. Instead, we pursued the woman.
The Marked didn’t take all that long to clear. Guess I’m still better at tracking – and if I’m managing to sound proud through text, you’re freaking right I am.
She was all curled up by a dumpster, sobbing… She hid from us, too, at first. We weren’t exactly subtle, once I signalled to Curtis we were clear. Windmill isn’t easy to hide.
I was prepared to just interrogate her. She had to be Marked, to be in there…maybe she just didn’t want to be sacrificed today, or something, because she had big weekend plans. I did ask a few questions, about the party – why she was there, was the first one to come to mind.
She said she was just looking for her daughter, and that’s when it occurred to me that something about this situation was hitting me as being familiar.
I asked what her daughter’s name was, she said it was Darcey.
Freaking hell, I’d been communicating with this woman over a blog for at least a few weeks, now.
I got Curtis to help her up…and from here, we’re helping her get cleaned up. We’ll find somewhere to hide out for the night, and then we’ll see if she knows anything about Blair. It’s too bad I can’t trade her information; I haven’t found jack relating to Darcey.

Dispute Against Madness

2 comments: