Monday, September 24, 2012

Four


Blair has more honor than I do, or Curtis does. So after I did a bit of reading and caught on to Curtis’s developing crush, we decided to make it official between the three of us: we don’t read what the others wrote. It’ll be OUR private thoughts, and not how we find out about each other.
Do I actually think Curtis will follow through on that promise? Of course I freaking don’t, he’s an Archivist. Even though he’s not a bad guy, he’s still too curious for his own good. Yeah, hello, Curtis.
But Blair? There’s something about hir. You just know – if s/he said s/he would never touch a weapon again, even to save hir own life, I’d believe hir. S/he’s so honest it almost hurts me to think about.
It’s a refreshing change, though. No one else I’ve ever met has been like that. The only people I knew before my life became this were liars, cheats, or skipped all the interaction completely, handed me a fifty, and told me to get in their lap.
Anyway… Curt’s crush aside, I’m taking this time to check online for Fear news and to update the world on my own. ‘Our own’, I guess. Blair is sleeping, and has been for the past three hours, which is an amazing change. We’re back to sneaking into campgrounds, but since there weren’t any, we found a roadside motel and checked in for the night. We questioned it, but Blair insisted, saying things like, “It’s not the same one from the dream; She ain’t done showing me my choices.” Things like, “Won’t matter, I made my choice already.”
I asked what s/he meant, and why s/he’d chosen the campground. I’ve read that dream – it’s awful.
S/he said it was the only one where Curtis, Windmill, or I didn’t get hurt or killed, too.
Like I said. So honest it hurts me.

Dispute Against Madness

2 comments:

  1. Well... it's like one massive orgy just waiting to happen Alyssa darling.

    ~INSANITY

    ReplyDelete
  2. S/he can't withstand the barrage~

    ReplyDelete