Tuesday, September 11, 2012

One More Kill



Turns out, we were being tailed. Curtis told me, he’s dealt with someone like the gent I just took out before.
Was checking online, trying to chart myself a route. Going to try to hit every trailer park stop I can, in case we need to stop. Goin’ off the advice of an anonymous commenter, who I thank most kindly. Curtis had out a journal, jotting things down. When I asked, he told me it was a dream journal. Just in case something in them turns out to be a repressed memory, or somethin’ like that. It’s a clever idea, I think. Might do that myself. Can’t remember some of the stuff that happened to me in my dream last night actually occurring in the tournament. Stuff like
Well, it’s of an intimate nature, don’t think that’s appropriate to go sharing.
Anyways, as we’re doing that, I hear Windmill outside. Starting to get antsy. I stop what I’m doing and go outside to check on him. He’s not alone.
There’s a bookish-looking gent approaching, and when he sees me he charges me down. No effort. He was fast, not as fast as Kallaway was, but I felt like I’d only blinked and he was right there on me. Heard Curtis coming out, too, so I shouted. Told him to get away, ‘cause I could tell. This thing wasn’t really a man.
He was saying something to me about serving the ‘grandfather’, and maybe if he hadn’t been going for my throat, I might’ve asked what he meant. Instead I kicked open the guitar case, hauled myself closer to grab. Got the Mauser, smashed in his face with the butt of the rifle and threw him off. I knew, gunshots would draw attention. Had to be the knife. Got it out, went through him like it would a normal human, but I didn’t want to take no chances.
New shirt’s badly bloodied. Curtis still seems a little stunned. Told me, he would’ve killed the guy, himself. He’s had to do it before. Asked if I was alright.
Can honestly say, I don’t know for sure. But if the Hound starts coming for me again, I got a feeling he’ll be wearing one more face than before.

1 comment:

  1. Shit... You're in a lot of trouble if those guys are tailing you. Trust me, their not a pleasant bunch.

    ReplyDelete