Thursday, September 27, 2012

Taking the Hit


Sometimes, you’ve gotta do things. For their own good. Made my choice for a reason. If they can’t respect it, got to take matters into my own hands.
Deliberated real long about it. If I knocked ‘em both out, I couldn’t be sure they’d be safe. I figure, the Vision would’ve shown me, if they get killed in this one. She’d want me to know. Sadistic whore. She ain’t hiding things from me. Wouldn’t fit with what She wants. Still, couldn’t knock ‘em both out.
Waited until the watch changed. Alyssa’s a lighter sleeper, more experienced at dealing with Fears. And, no offence to Curt, he’s right decent. But, I figure he can take the hit better. Hate having to justify it, like that. He’s a proxy, though. Archivist. So, I waited until Alyssa fell asleep to take her shift, and then I knocked Curtis unconscious. Left all my weapons, except the knife, and the Mauser.
I figured, if  it’s honest-to-god him – the Hanging Man – the deed ain’t done yet.
Taking out Windmill to graze. Maybe just wander. He’s a smart horse. If there’s trouble, he’s got instincts. He’ll be safe.
We’ll see how safe everything else turns out.

3 comments:

  1. And another person takes the noble (Read: Stupid) path.

    Farewell fair gender unknown.

    May the pain last forever.

    Heh I love reading stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete