Sunday, September 2, 2012

Definition Of Amnesia.

The technical definition of ‘amnesia’ is:
“A partial or total loss of memory.”
It’s portrayed in the movies with great inaccuracy, and scientists have been quoted as saying that the most accurate representation was shown through the character ‘Dory’ of ‘Finding Nemo’.
I don’t know whether that’s pathetic, or hugely relieving, because it’s good to know that the people developing kid’s movies are trying to show them what amnesia is really like.
I like to think that I was taught things like that when I was a kid, and my own memory loss is the reason I don’t know whether or not that’s true.
I also like to think that mine is different because it’s not normal. It’s supernatural memory loss, and it has taken me years upon years to come to grips with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment