Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Strangest Sight.



I want to clarify that I haven’t been running for very long. I packed my things, grabbed all the money I could carry from my bank account (thankfully a very well-balanced account, so I must have been doing something right with my life before becoming amnesiac) and hit the road.
I tried to be wise about it, but already, I see that I made a few vital mistakes. I didn’t bring enough clothing, the food I thought to grab was too quick to perish, and I packed too heavy of a bag. Two bags, in fact.
I’ve been on the run for exactly one week now, and I wonder, did I make a mistake doing so?
The authorities do not seem to even care. I haven’t heard a whisper of any murder, in the paper, and I have yet to leave Washington.
I didn’t hide the body, or anything, so why wouldn’t it have made the local news?
Regardless, I have a point, which is that if I had been on the run longer perhaps I would have left Washington by now, and I would not have been met with the strangest sight I’ve ever laid eyes on.
A blood-soaked boy in an alley, heavily armed, with a horse.

1 comment:

  1. Blair is good people assuming their still sane after the hell they just went through. Might be suffering a touch of PTSD at the moment though.

    ReplyDelete