Monday, September 17, 2012

Two

I’m starting to form an opinion on these two – my opinion is that they must be freaking blessed. Or, cursed. They’re both stuck in the middle of Fear activity, and it looks as though it hasn’t let up since it started. I’ve been stuck in this life for a while now, and I don’t see action as constantly as these two. Neither of them wears red, so I know they’re not Marked, but I’d almost wonder if they’re Magnet Vessels for all the shit that seems attracted to them.
Blair’s blog, I’ve read, so I had an idea about what’s happened in hir life. Waking up in a crazy alternate dimension to fight people to the death, and being stalked by the Black Dog – turns out, that’s not even all of it. Seems like once people start Running, they’re liable to run into all kinds of crap. We got talking about it, and there was a lot of ‘Those wereNightlanders?’ and ‘I knew there was something weird about that mold!’, stuff like that. Then, it turns out that since leaving, s/he’s been having these dreams. I got a feel about that, following this blog, too, but Blair pretty much cinched it for me last night.
I don’t tend to sleep much, as it is – four hour naps, don’t sleep too deeply, it’s the only way I can keep from burning myself out without taking a huge risk and being murdered. So, I volunteered to take the first watch while they got first shift sleeping. Like I’d do it any other way, they could be lying and this could be a really convoluted trap.
Blair woke up after about two hours, completely terrified. If I didn’t have an aversion to touching, I felt like I should have hugged hir or something – s/he was almost shaking, and said that this time, the Vision nearly managed to look straight into hir eyes. At least hir instincts are sharp… I’ve been looking into the fate-fucking bitch, and while I’m still a little unclear on the whole thing, I know eye contact is involved when she’s turning someone into one of her Scions.
After that, we just sat around quietly until Blair had calmed down, then I took my sleeping shift early. Didn’t die in the night, so I think that’s a good sign.
Aside from the Fear activity going on with Blair, there’s also Curtis. Seems pretty single-target, but it’s the frequency and the fact that seem to be sending more each time that worries me. The Archive sends Martyrs after their own, once they’ve gone rogue, and Curtis is very obviously not ‘normal’. Even putting the amnesia aside, I watched him throw two Martyrs off him like they were dust on his coat, during that fight before. If he’s not a Gifted gone rogue, I’m the Queen.
I’m still hanging around, because I haven’t gotten any concrete answers and with only two of them, they’re as good as dead. Plus, if I’m right and Curtis goes back to his Grandfather, Blair will be in a lot of danger, and s/he won’t even get a chance to fight back.

Dispute Against Madness

3 comments:

  1. I'd always assumed they would send the Martyrs after any threat and that the only reason I'd not encountered one yet is because I've never had the opportunity to take out any Bookworms.

    ReplyDelete