Sunday, September 16, 2012

Developing Theories.



DM is proving to be an extremely valuable source of information regarding the PREs, as she has spent the last few years surviving encounters and even hunting down their proxies.
I’ve come across that term before, but she has been able to explain it to me more in-depth, and the amount of different types is a bit mind-boggling.
She is a tad short-spoken, but I get the impression it is out of caution rather than rudeness. Blair seems inclined to trust her somewhat, which is clearly a sentiment she does not return.
Even so, the pair of them seem to have bonded almost instantly. DM explained to us last night her theories on what’s been happening to the two of us, and since then they have been swapping stories regarding their encounters with the PREs.
I’ll begin with her theories on what’s happening to Blair:
The dreams xe has been having are a result of a ‘deceased’ PRE known by names such as The Soothsayer, the Oracle, Clotho, or simply ‘Fate’; most commonly, it is referred to as The Vision.
DM informed us that The Vision can, as it were, tweak the strings of a person’s fate, as well as show them glimpses of their future and past in dreams to drive her chosen victim to madness.
It is unclear what her intentions are with Blair, but both xe and DM agree that The Vision’s interest was probably sparked after xe was released back into our dimension.
As for myself, DM has confirmed the only theory that has yet to make any sense to me – that I have been targeted, for whatever reason, by the Grandfather and his Archivists. If she had any other information, she was reluctant to share it – when I asked if she had any ideas as to why this was happening, she found a way to quickly change the subject.
I have decided not to let it bother me, since perhaps it’s just a matter of trust, and if there is any hope of getting her to relax I think Blair is inadvertently going about that. The two of them are talking now about encounters with ‘the Hound’ and seem quite animated about it – I would almost feel envious or left out, were their conversation not so fascinating.

2 comments:

  1. The Vision? Hmmm... I wonder... Actually, no, I'm lying. Insane people don't think!

    Seems like your attracting some fun things though! If I weren't held back by sanity, I would totally join in and beat you all to a pulp or kill martyrs, what ever comes up first and gives a reason to go all out.

    Wait... what the fuck is sanit-

    INSANITY was going to leave a massive rant on the best methods to drive you all insane before he killed you all but I intervened. I pray to what ever god that cares you guys stay safe. I'll try and hinder those I can with misinformation.

    ~sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Grandfather. You come closer and closer to confirming my fears about your forgotten past and why they're hunting you.

    I've only seen one group refer to the Blind Man as their Grandfather. Members of the Archive.

    ReplyDelete